1/31/19

Sibling Assignment 2019.1 There's A Right Time For Everything

Christy gave us Sibling Assignment #204.  Here was our assignment:

Do a photo walk and take time to observe what" beauty is created in nature”. Post a series of pictures or do a slide show. Christy's post is here, and Bill's post here.
During the summer I spend a lot of time in my backyard, and I love taking photographs of my backyard. I don't do that as much in the winter. But this week I decided to do a walk around my backyard and, as the assignment said, observe what beauty is created in nature. We have had a rather mild winter so far here in Kellogg. I was amazed at how much green was still out in the yard. My rose bushes, under their covering of burlap, look hardly touched by Jack Frost. A bright green patch of moss stands among the brown and dead foilage that surrounds it. Kale is suspended in the same tire that it was planted in last spring. The kale has not given itself totally to the colder, winter temperatures. Some plants have buds already forming, at the end of January. Despite the starkness of most of the yard, I know there is a life teaming underneath the ground, and soon new life will be spring forth. Below are some of the images I captured yesterday while strolling around my backyard. The words of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 in The Message Bible were my inspiration for the order of the images in the slideshow. Each image is connected to one of the verses.

3 There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:
2-8 A right time for birth and another for death,
A right time to plant and another to reap,
A right time to kill and another to heal,
A right time to destroy and another to construct,
A right time to cry and another to laugh,
A right time to lament and another to cheer,
A right time to make love and another to abstain,
A right time to embrace and another to part,
A right time to search and another to count your losses,
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
A right time to rip out and another to mend,
A right time to shut up and another to speak up,
A right time to love and another to hate,
A right time to wage war and another to make peace.

No comments: