1/21/19

Gathering Graces 1/20/2019

*My body was telling me it needed some extra rest this morning.  So I headed back to bed around 7:30 a.m.  When Paul came in to tell me he was heading to church, I knew I would not be joining him.  I knew I needed to stay home and rest.  I was right.  I am glad I stayed home.
*The movie Solo recently came available for viewing on Netflix.  I asked Paul if he would like to watch it this afternoon.  He was all in, so we took a couple of hours to watch it.  It was a fun telling of the early years of Han Solo, and how he met Chewbacca, how he acquired The Milliennium Falcon, and many other things.  It was a fun, entertaining movie.
*Family dinner was at Bill’s house at 6 p.m.  When we arrived, Bill had the table set, and we gathered in the living room to visit for a while.  We talked about books, and sports and other topics.  We moved into the kitchen and sat at the table.  Bill prepared a delicious Ginger and Carrot Soup and a Pot Roast for dinner, along with the 10 grain muffins.  It was all delicious.  He also cracked open the bottle of 14 Hands Rose Wine we had gifted him on his birthday, so we all got to enjoy it with our dinner.  Conversation continued around the table, as we talked about personality tests, (Who knows what I am these days....ENFP, ENFJ???  I may have to take the Myers-Briggs test again and find out.), the football game, (Oh, is there some kind of playoff game tonight???), Wildcat basketball now and then, and upcoming schedules for family dinners in February. 
*The snow was still falling as we left Bill’s house and headed for home.  I talked to Zoe a little bit when I got home, and she was looking forward to a day off tomorrow, as is Paul.  Except both Paul and I spend some of our day in the dentist’s chair tomorrow.  Paul is getting a tooth implant, and I am getting my permanent crown.

No comments: