1/28/19

Gathering Graces 1/27/2019

*Our whole worship team was together this morning at church to lead our congregation in worship.  This hasn’t happened for quite some time, because of all of our comings and goings.  It was nice to all be together again.
*Our church’s annual meeting was after church, and I think it went well.  We are at an interesting place in our church, moving forward with some changes and I am excited to see where all these changes are going to take us as a congregation.  It has been a very hard year as a church body, but I think we are going to see beauty from ashes as God’s redemption in many things will be revealed this year.  What an exciting time!!
*It was fun getting out my coloring pencils today to color some decorations for my VIPKID classroom.  I am changing the backdrop in my classroom to reflect the Chinese New Year coming  up.  I can’t wait to talk to my students this week and have them share with me their traditions regarding their family’s celebration of Chinese New Year.  I communicated with the parents this past week that I would be asking their students questions about how their family celebrates.  I am looking forward to hearing some of the answers.
*Our rotation of family dinners this month had already occured at each other’s homes.  So we decided to take this opportunity for dinner out tonight.  I thought we could go “old school” and eat at the Broken Wheel.  Unfortunately, when Christy and Everett arrived at the Broken Wheel, it was closed.  Bill was walking down from his house, so when he arrived, he hopped in Christy’s car and they met Paul and I at Radio Brewing Company in uptown Kellogg.  It was a nice time enjoying delicious food and drink and some fun topics of conversation.  Some of this conversation was started by the music playing on the sound system.  The song Fool in the Rain got the conversation going Bill inquiring who was singing the song.  I looked on my Google Pixel phone which has a fun feature of telling you what song and artist you are listening to at any given moment.  This led to talking about Queen songs, and the fact that one of Bill’s early car purchases was a Gremlin.  When the song Sweet Home Alabama started playing, it prompted Bill and I to have a short discussion of our love for a couple of documentaries we both enjoyed watching.  One is called Muscle Shoals, (which is referenced in the lyrics of Sweet Home Alabama), and the other is Twenty Feet From Stardom, a documentary about the power of backup singers.  I saw both streaming on Netflix.  Muscle Shoals is no longer on Netflix, but can be rented through Amazon Prime Video.  Twenty Feet From Stardom is currently on Netflix.  This may not mean anything at all, but if you were to ask our opinion, Bill, Paul and I would highly recommend watching both of these documentaries.

No comments: