1/10/19

Gathering Graces 1/9/2019

*The evening was topped off with a celebration of sister Christy’s birthday.  She invited us all over for birthday cake and a glass of bubbly!!  Our friend Jane McShane used to make Mom an angel food cake with lemon frosting each year for her birthday.  Mom’s birthday, Jane’s birthday and Christy’s birthday are all in January.  Jane wanted to continue the birthday cake making tradition by baking Christy the same kind of cake for her birthday today.  It was as delicious as always, and Bill, Paul, Everett and I enjoyed helping Christy celebrate this evening.
*Today was the beginning of the drama/theater session at the Kellogg Middle School after school program.  I had four very enthusiastic and fun students show up to participate.  I also had a wonderful helper in Grant Ray Turner.  We talked about theater, played some games, learned about stage etiquette and theater terms, and toward the end the students acted out a couple of scenes.  I look forward to working with these students during the following weeks.
*I got a text from Molly this morning telling me the Golden Globes award show was on Hulu, and that she cried a couple times as she watched the show.  As I worked on some things today, I put on the show and was moved by Carol Burnett’s speech after she received the first Carol Burnett Award, given to someone with a lifetime achievement in television.  I watched The Carol Burnett Show pretty faithfully growing up, and I enjoyed the montage of clips from her variety show, and I laughed and cried through the whole presentation.  I also enjoyed Glenn Close receiving her Golden Globe. I was glad I watched the award show, because it made me want to watch some of the movies that were nominated that I have not seen.

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Sounds fun. Thanks a lot for sharing these details here. Planning a party can be tedious task for a non planner and not so creative person like me. I recently threw a surprise birthday for my dad and had hosted a fabulous bash with the help of a cousin Lara, at one of the local event venues Chicago. Lara is a professional planner so I didn’t face any issues.