1/27/19

Gathering Graces 1/26/2019

*Our fridge and pantry were a bit like Mother Hubbard’s cupboard....bare.  As the available food began to dwindle, Paul and I started making plans to make a trip to Coeur d’Alene to do some shopping to restock some much needed items at a variety of stores.
*After teaching this morning, I headed back to bed, and got a nice nap in for a couple of hours before we headed out.  It was such a beautiful day.  There was blue skies and sunshine in Coeur d’Alene. And I loved spending the day with Paul.
*We made it to Petco, Fred Meyer, and the Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree is one of my favorite stores. It has been the perfect place to buy items for my VIPKID classroom.
*Since Texas Roadhouse was right by Dollar Tree, we decided to eat lunch there. I can’t remember the last time I had a meal there. I had a really delicious New York Strip steak with a Caesar Salad and green beans.  Boy did it hit the spot!  Paul enjoyed some Fried Catfish.  After lunch we headed to Lowes so Paul could check on the prices of some items we will be purchasing in the future.  I stayed in the car and enjoyed the sun shine and the blue skies.
*Our final stop was Costco.  We stocked up on a lot of meat and vegetables.  We should have plenty of food to last us for a couple of months.  When we returned home, I had a couple of hours to relax before I headed downstairs to teach some classes this evening. When we were in Coeur d’Alene, Paul received a call about a church member in the hospital, so he went up to the hospital when we arrived home to see how he could bring comfort to the situation.
*After classes I was tired.  I got all my feedback written and submitted, then prepped for tomorrow’s classes, and headed to bed. 

No comments: