1/6/19

Gathering Graces 1/5/2019

*Each day with VIPKID is very different as far as what students have booked the classes, and who you will be teaching.  This morning was one of those awesome mornings when I had five regular students who I love to teach.  I have had each of these students multiple times, they are all very engaged in their classes, and it makes it a very fun morning to teach five students in a row who all are excited about learning English.  I love this job!!
*Christy and I had a conversation a couple weeks ago about her house, and I suggested she take the big dresser out of her bedroom and put it back in the living room.  It had been in the living room before their remodel, and they had put it in their bedroom after the remodel.  Her and Everett mulled over moving the dresser out of the bedroom again, and last week decided to make this switch.  She asked if Paul and I could come over and make it happen.  So today we went over and helped make the changes.  We put the dresser in the living, and helped rearrange some of the furniture in the living room.  We also helped rearrange the bedroom.  It is now much more open and comfortable for both of them.  As Christy put it, it is now much more of a retreat for her.
*After we were done at Christy and Everett’s house, we came home, had some lunch, and rested a bit.  I continued reading A Gentleman in Moscow, and then prepared for my evening and morning classes I have tomorrow.

*This past year has been very hard on many people I know and love.  It has also been hard for Paul and I, for various reasons.  Today I talked to one of my dear friends who recently found out her husband has cancer.  Friday they found out he has stage four cancer that started in his lungs and has gone to his bones.  As my dear friend shared the prognosis with me on the phone, I was overcome with grief for this situation.  So many hard things in the lives of the people I love.  As I started searching for a song for to share in church on Sunday, the chorus to the song Through It All came to me.  As a Christian, this is my hope.  That no matter what happens to me, or the ones I love, or the situations I am going through, through it all I learn more and more to trust in Jesus and depend upon His words of comfort and peace.  If you haven’t heard this song in a while, or are unfamiliar with it and want to listen to these words, no one sings it better than Andrae Crouch.



No comments: