1/30/19

Gathering Graces 1/29/2019

*This morning as Brighton and I were finishing class, we started talking about the food he will be eating for Chinese New Year.  His mom was next to him helping him answer questions.  Our discussion led to me talking about our Chinese dinner we had on Christmas Eve, and I brought up the photos of all the dishes we served, and showed them to  Brighton and his mom.  I also “met” his mom on camera yesterday, too.  It was such a fun exchange, and I loved sharing with them our love for their culture and their cuisine.
*What a beautiful crisp, clear day.  So crisp that I thought a fire was in order, so I made a fire, and it felt wonderful having a fire burning in the fireplace as I did some work.
*It was fun listening to Emily Proctor being interviews on The West Wing Weekly podcast about her debut on The West Wing, and how fortunate she felt to have been a part of that show.  It is always nice to hear some of what went on behind the scenes with actors while they were a part of the show.  Emily Proctor was the actress who portrayed the character Ainsley Hayes on the show.
*I love studying the epistles of Paul in the Bible.  Today I was focusing on Ephesians, specifically Ephesians 2:4-5.  I love how parts these verses is worded in The Kingdom New Testament“My prayer is this:  that he will lay out all the riches of his glory to give you strength and power through his spirit, in your inner being; that the King may make his home in your hearts, through faith, that love may be your root, your firm foundation, and that you may be strong enough (with all God’s holy ones), to grasp the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the King’s love--though actually it’s so deep that nobody can really know it!  So may God fill you with all his fullness.”  This is a prayer I have been praying over many people in the last few days who are struggling.  I pray they experience God’s strength and power and love.

No comments: