1/11/19

Gathering Graces 1/10/2019

*While tackling my “mail pile” project, to sort through my mail and throw away mail, catalogs, and other items I don’t need to keep, I watched the second episode of The Masked Singer.  Again, it was pretty entertaining to watch, and you do get kind of sucked into the premise, because of the clues as to who they might be.
*As I continued with my project, I decided to start watching the newest season of  The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  I enjoyed the first season, and am looking forward to making my way through Season Two.  (Thanks Jan DeLuca Martin for the reminder that I wanted to watch this show!!)
*Have you ever got a phone call or have a chance meeting or conversation with someone that could potentially change the course of your life?  I have had a few in my lifetime.  I experienced another one yesterday.  Now I have a decision to make.  I am taking the weekend to mull it over, get advice from people close to me, then make a decision. 
*Paul and I have enjoyed reading a daily devotional we do together in the morning before our prayer time together.  At the moment we are reading through The Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers.  I have done this particular devotional a few times.  But each time I do it, it is like the words are brand new and fresh, and the lessons learned are relevant to what we are going through at the moment.  This week one of the readings focused on a reading in the book of Psalms, and two times I have been able to share these  uplifting and encouraging words from Scripture with two people going through some struggles.  Both were encouraged and uplifted by the message.

No comments: