1/7/19

Gathering Graces 1/6/2019

*Tonight Bill, Christy, Paul and I were at our home to start Christy’s birthday celebration early. Her actual birthday is Wednesday.  Since it is the New Year, and we are all trying to get back to eating a bit healthier, I prepared a Vegetable Stir Fry, Stir Fry Shrimp, Stir Fried Rice and Cucumbers and Tomatoes in Rice Wine Vinegar.  It all came together very well and was delicious.
*For dessert, I prepared four lemon mug cakes topped with huckleberries saved from my huckleberry liqueur, and a dollop of whipped cream.  We all sang a chorus of  Happy Birthday while Christy blew out the candle.


*After dessert, Bill returned home, and Christy stayed and we had a really nice visit about all kinds of things.  It was a really enjoyable night.
*Last week in church, Pastor Dave’s sermon was about the shepherds, and their wonder at finding the Christ Child.  Today, Dave’s sermon today was about The Magi, the wisemen who came searching for the star, and how they were focused on one thing as they were searching for the star, and how God changed their focus with scripture as they found the Christ Child.  And how we often think we are going in the right direction, but then our focus is changed by God’s Word, and it leads us down the right path.  I have loved thinking about these characters of the nativity in a new and fresh way.
*After church my friend Linda was telling me about a show on television that was “really stupid, but very addictive”.  It is the show The Masked Singer. I had seen some clips about it, and really didn’t think much of it.  But she said it was actually very entertaining, and her description of the show intrigued me.  So I came home and turned it on and watched the first episode.  She was right.  It was pretty fun.  I may be hooked, too!!

No comments: