1/8/19

Gathering Graces 1/7/2019

*I only had three classes this morning, so after I submitted my feedback to VIPKID about the classes, I headed back to bed for a couple of hours.  I woke up so Paul and I could have our morning devotion and prayer time together, then got ready to go spend some time in the dentist chair.
*The freshly fallen snow was beautiful this morning.  When I got to the dentist office and was put in my chair, I had a beautiful view of the southern hillside to the east of Kellogg that I was able to look at while getting my mouth prepped to have a crown.  What a beautiful sight, as you can see above.
*For whatever reason, my mouth takes a long time and much Novocaine to deaden enough for procedures done in my mouth.  Today was no exception.  That is why, when I have to get a crown, it takes longer than usual because my mouth does not want to get numb.
*Two hours later, I had my temporary crown, and I headed home.  I sat down and wrote a list of things I wanted to accomplish in the near future.
*At 1 p.m., I had made plans to meet with one of my former students, Sylvia West, at our local coffee shop, The Bean.  We met and talked for over two hours, catching up on things.  She is currently a student at Lewis Clark State College in Lewiston, and is loving being a college student.  I loved hearing about her first semester, and some of triumphs and some of her struggles.   I am so glad we have kept in touch since she graduated, and look forward to continue meeting up occasionally when she returns to the valley.
*Paul also had a dentist appointment.  He is getting an implant, so he needed some prep work done in his mouth for that today.  We both return in a couple of weeks for more dental work.
*When Paul returned home, I told him I was heading for the bedroom to work on getting it cleaned and organized.  I took everything that was on the floor and piled it onto our bed.  I put in a DVD of Season One of The West Wing, and proceeded to sort and organize and throw things away.  Paul joined me and started sorting clothes in his closet.  Needless to say, we had a very productive evening.

No comments: