1/27/19

Gathering Graces 1/25/2019

*This morning I got some things checked off my “to do” list.  That always feels good. 
*A trip to The Bean sounded like a good idea, so I sent a text to Bill and Christy telling them I would be there at 1:30 p.m. if they wanted to come and join me.  Bill said he was in CDA and would not be able to join me.  Christy said she would be there.  We had a fun visit about books, and traveling, and it was good to hear the news that Everett was feeling much better!!
*I really think all the pain I have been experiencing these past few weeks has to do with my tooth.  The more I thought about it, the more it makes sense.  I hope to have a conversation with my dentist on Monday, and see, if this is the case, what the next steps will be to fix this darn tooth!!!
*We got a call from Zoe, telling us her “apartment water issues” have come to an end.  Last week she discovered there was a broken pipe and water was running in her basement.  The city came and shut her water off.  She called her property management people and they had three plumbers come and take a look and give estimates.  She was thinking this was going to be a long, drawn out process to get it fixed.  But on Friday the plumber called and said it was fixed.  There was much rejoicing all around!!
*With the beautiful snow fall on Wednesday, it has been fun sharing photos from that day with my students in China.  They all have a similar reaction..it is beautiful!!  I tell them I agree!!  I love sharing with them about the snow, and Silver Mountain, and all the winter activities we do around here.  Not many of them get snow where they live, so it is fun to share these activities with them.  I see where China is hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics.  This will be fun to have a conversation about that with them in the future.


No comments: