11/9/18

Gathering Graces 11/8/2018

*What an unexpected sunny afternoon today.  After I ate lunch, I was planning on going to Coeur d’Alene to run some errands.  But I went outside, and realized how beautiful it was, and realized I needed to take advantage of this day!!
*The first order of business was covering up some of my plants.  I got my roses covered with burlap and some of my newly planted bushes and perennials covered with a good amount of mulch to help them through the winter.

Sleep well little roses.
*After I got all the outdoor chores done, it was time for some fun.  I decided to hop on my bike, and take a ride to Elizabeth Park and back, and enjoy this beautiful sunny afternoon, and take some pictures of the beautiful place I live.
*There were many reasons I chose to retire from the school district and work from home.  And today was one of those reasons.  If it is sunny outside, and I want to take a bike ride on a beautiful fall afternoon, nothing is stopping me!!  I create my own schedule, and my own schedule can often be changed.  Which is what I did today.  And my soul and spirit were much better for it as I drank in the beauty of my surroundings on my bike ride.

The South Fork of the Coeur d'Alene River, just east of Kellogg.
*When Paul got home, I suggested we have a “Date Night” and go out for dinner.  We had not had a date in quite some time, and it was time to remedy that.  We decided to go eat at the Hill Street Depot, and it proved to be a great choice.  I had some pork street tacos and chips, salsa and cheese sauce.  Paul enjoyed a tri-tip burrito.  We both enjoyed the smokey flavor of the meat they smoke in-house.  I am not much of a beer drinker, but there is one I do enjoy every so often, and they had it on tap tonight.  It is a dark beer called “Irish Death”.  It went great with my tacos. 

Date Night at Hill Street Depot.

No comments: