11/16/18

Gathering Graces 11/15/2018

*Love Extravagantly.  This is how The Message Bible interprets the meaning of I Corinthians 13:13.  I am doing a study of the word Love, with the emphasis on the love that is Agape.   Within Christianity, agape is considered to be the love originating from God or Christ for mankind. In the New Testament, it refers to the covenant love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God; the term necessarily extends to the love of one's fellow man.  I want to love extravagantly...and I want God to teach me how.  I love the term extravagantly.  When I looked up the definition, some of the terms used were...
--with a lack of restraint in spending money or using resources
--in an excessive or elaborate way
--to a large degree and with extreme feeling
My goal and my prayer is to learn all I can about loving with extravagance, and hopefully apply what I learn to my life. 
*There is a social media called WeChat that is quite popular in China.  I have heard other VIPKID teachers refer to it.  This morning, I had one of my six year old students hold up a QR code to the screen, show a cell phone, and try and give me some direction.  I had no clue what he wanted me to do.  When I was able to go back and watch the class, I scanned the QR Code from the screen, and realized it was an “invitation” from him to join WeChat.  So I joined WeChat and made an account and requested him as a friend.  Once he accepts, we can now communicate outside of the classroom, and I can find out even more about this precious little student.  I am very excited!!
*It was nice to have a day today where I didn’t have to go anywhere.  It was nice to stay home, and get some projects done I had been working on.
*Taylor and Cosette headed to Coeur d’Alene to finish up some of their painting jobs, and then headed back to Moscow.  I am looking forward to Sunday, when all the family will be gathered here to celebrate Paul’s birthday by going to see him in the Sixth Street Theater production of Guys on Ice, then back at our place for dinner.  Zoe flies in on Saturday morning, and will stay here until Wednesday and ride back to Meridian/Nampa with us, as we travel down to Meridian to celebrate Thanksgiving with Paul’s family.  Because of other commitments, Molly and Travis and Taylor and Cosette could not make the trip to Meridian, so they will be in Kellogg Thursday to celebrate Thanksgiving with Christy, Everett and Bill.  I am glad they are able to celebrate with their Aunt and Uncles here in Kellogg.  And this especially makes their Aunt Christy happy, because she loves Thanksgiving!!

No comments: