11/14/18

Gathering Graces 11/13/2018

*Last night I wrote out the schedule for my day.  It was the first day I had finally done a schedule.  By the end of the day, I had accomplished all but one of the items on my list.  I didn’t get around to reading my book for my book group that meets on Friday.  So now I will add that to tomorrow’s list as a top priority!!  I knew having a written down, visual reminder would help keep me on track.
*If it works out that Nikki and I are unable to walk in the morning, I wanted to find a shoulder stretching and strengthening video to do on my off days.  I found a great 20 minute video that I tried today that stretches and strengthens the shoulders.  My shoulders have become very tight with my new routine.  The video was great, and I want to try to do it as many days as possible throughout the week to keep my shoulders and neck area loose.
*With VIPKID you can be certified to teach different levels of students.  When I was originally hired, I was certified to teach levels 2 and 3, which are typically 6-10 year olds.  Last week I became certified to teach Level 4 students.  These are more 9-12 year old students who know much more English and you do a lot more talking back and forth with these students.  Kevin was my first Level 4 student this morning.  He is 11 years old.  The lesson was on Landforms, and the landforms we talked about were Mountains and Valley, so I brought up some photos of Kellogg on my Kindle to show him that I live in the mountains, and in a valley. We also talked about some animals that live in the mountains, such as bear, fox and deer.  A few years ago I captured a photo of a deer in our front yard, so I was able to show him the photo of the deer in my yard.  What a fun way to connect with Kevin!!
*Some of my favorite verses in the Bible are in Galatians 5 when it talks about the fruit of the spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I have studied these words many times and I really want to study them again, and allow God’s spirit to work through me, and have these fruits more prominent in my life.  It isn’t something I muster up in my life.  It is something God changes in my life, and transforms in my life.  It is supernatural.  So I am ready to be transformed, and to have these fruits play a bigger part in my life as I interact with those around me.
*I headed up to KHS this afternoon and worked with a student on making a list of scholarships she can apply for, and helped her with her FAFSA as well.  Then I went up to continue working on some pottery pieces.  I can’t wait until the pieces are fired next week and I get to start choosing glazes.  Woo Hoo!!
*Even though I got a short nap in today, by 8 p.m. I was ready for bed.  I tried to read my book before bed, but I was just too tired!!  I am really trying to make sure I get enough sleep so I don’t get run down and catch a bug!!  I can only hope Benjamin Franklin’s adage will be true to me....”early to bed, early to rise....makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”

No comments: