11/25/18

Gathering Graces 11/24/2018

*After teaching some classes this morning, Paul and I packed up our things and departed Laurie’s house around 9 a.m. We wanted a book to listen to on the way home, so I looked through my Audible books library on my Kindle, and found Finding God in the Waves by Mike McHargue.  It is an interesting book of McHargue’s journey from being a Christian, to being an Atheist, then returning to his Christian faith once more, but in a whole different way.  We still have about four more chapters to finish.  I like this guy’s story.  We all have our own story of our Christian faith, and his is very intriguing.
*After Idaho got hit with snow Friday night, we were fortunate to have pretty good roads as we drove up Highway 55 today.  We stopped outside of Lewiston at the Nez Perce Historical Park Visitor’s Center and Museum, that sits on the Spalding Site where the Spalding Mission was built in 1837.  It felt good to stretch our legs and walk through the museum.  I loved seeing the recovered Nez Perce canoe they have on display in the lobby area.
*Our next stop was in Moscow to pick up Sadie.  She spent the last two nights with Molly and Travis at their apartment.  She had a great time on her  “sleepover”.  But it was nice to see her, and she traveled well in the car back to Kellogg.
*It was nice to return to Kellogg, and it looked beautiful with the blanket of snow covering everything.  It was nice to see our cats, Toby, Benjamin and Clark.  I think they missed us!!
*We arrived home around 4:30 p.m.  This gave me some time to unpack, eat some dinner, and prepare for my classes for the evening.  Then I was ready for bed!!


No comments: