11/26/18

Gathering Graces 11/25/2018

*I am still trying to figure out my teaching schedule, and when too much is too much, and when I need to make sure I get some rest.  After having company and traveling this past week, I hadn’t got as much rest as I am used to.  So it caught up with me this morning.  Paul suggested I stay home and nap this morning instead of going to church.  I agreed.  So I stayed home, went back to bed, and took a nap for a couple of hours.  It was some much needed catch up rest from a very busy week.  Then I had a bit of a lazy day....which was wonderful!!
*Our book group book for November was The Tenth Gift by Jane Johnson.  I didn’t get a chance to read it, but everyone in book group who read it really liked it.  So today I was able to read a few chapters and make some headway in finishing the book.
*I had suggested to Paul that today would be a good day to get the Christmas lights up on our house.  So we took down the Halloween/Thanksgiving lights outside, brought the scarecrow and fall flowers in from the front porch, and hung the white lights on the eaves of the house, and set up Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus on some hay bales under the front window.  I did need to buy some night lights to light up Baby Jesus.  It wouldn’t be right if Baby Jesus, the “Light of the World”, was not lit up!!
*Around 6 p.m. Paul and I headed over to Bill’s house to enjoy family dinner with Bill, Christy and Everett.  Bill served some Turkey Noodle Soup with Dumplings, or you could also have leftover Chili if you preferred.  Bill also made some sweet potato corn muffins which were delicious, and a MidEastern-type salad made up of apples, toasted almonds, cranberries, bulgar, cilantro, yogurt and a touch of cinnamon. 
*Once we returned home, I started getting ready for bed.  2 a.m. will come early, with my first class beginning at 2:30 a.m. 

No comments: