11/21/18

Gathering Graces 11/20/2018

*I needed to clean up some of my ceramic projects today at KHS so they could go in the bisque fire at the end of the week.  I also looked at colors I want to glaze all my projects.  I can’t wait to go back next week and start glazing!!
*Molly, Zoe and I went to the new business Lisa’s Gems of the Silver Valley to check it out today.  Christy met us there as well.  There are a lot of nice items for sale, and I found a few things to take home and give as gifts.  What a nice showcase for local talented artists and crafters to sell their merchandise.  It was also nice to see you too Lisa Ann Beaman.  Good luck with your new business!!
*Christy said she would treat us to a coffee drink at The Bean, so we all drove down and enjoyed a nice warm beverage and had a good visit with Christy.
*When I got home, and I put a butternut squash in the oven to roast so I could make the Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup again.  Bill arrived while I was making the soup, so he could get his instructions on taking care of our pets while we are gone.  Molly and Travis will take care of them for a few days, then Bill will take over for a few days.  We are so grateful we have people who can watch our furry family members.
*When I was making the soup, after it had cooked a bit, I needed to put it in the blender to puree the soup.  Mixing hot soup and a cold blender sometimes can be disastrous, as was the case in my kitchen tonight.  Once it started blending, before I knew it there was squash soup all over the walls, the utensils, the blender....pretty much whatever was on the counter got covered in squash soup.  So, I took a bit of time to clean up the soup mess, and then served dinner,  Zoe made some Naan bread to go with the soup.  It was a great meal.  we asked Bill if he would join us for dinner, and he said yes.
*After cleaning up after dinner, I was tired and ready for bed.  So I went to bed early and will pack and get ready to leave for our trip tomorrow in the morning.

No comments: