11/5/18

Gathering Graces 11/4/2018

*Today I am thankful for family dinners.  These times we get together have proved to be a wonderful time to catch up on a somewhat weekly basis, and to enjoy the cooking of each of my siblings, or to share my cooking with them.
*It was so nice to be back in church again this morning.  Last week when I was in Glendive, a couple was in church whose daughter and son-in-law live in Bloomfield, a little farming community north of Glendive.  Paul heard them mention Glendive, and had to ask about it.  They were in church again this morning, and I enjoyed meeting them, and talking to them about my trip.
*Sunday afternoons are always a good time to take a nap!  And it was a little gray and drizzly yesterday, so that lent itself to a good nap time as well.
*Bill was the host of our family dinner this evening.  He prepared a wonderful tossed green salad with a tasty vinaigrette, and some Beef Strogonoff.  He wanted to serve some wine with dinner, but couldn’t fine the kind he wanted, so he opted for some lovely dry apple cider instead.  It was delicious.  And, if anyone wanted dessert, Bill offered his leftover Halloween candy which included small candy bars like Milky Way and Butterfingers.
*Even though I got a nap in, by 8:30 p.m. I was ready to go to bed, so I did.

No comments: