11/29/18

Gathering Graces 11/28/2018

*My day started out getting some bad new on two fronts.  One of the stories is not mine to tell.  The other wants her story to be told.  The second story involves my sister Christy Woolum.  Christy has been having some pain in her backside since Sunday.  This morning, it was too much to handle so she called me around 6:30 a.m. and said she was taking herself to the Emergency Room at Shoshone Medical Center to get checked out.  She was put through a battery of tests, and it was determined she has cellulitis, and will need to be hospitalized here in Kellogg at Shoshone Medical Center until the infection is cleared up.  And this is actually good news.  Because if the infection had developed into an abscess, she would have had to probably be taken to a larger hospital to have it treated.  We are glad she is able to be treated here in Kellogg.  She got to her own room around noon, and was pumped full of antibiotics and pain killers.  She will be in the hospital until the infection is gone.  She really would like you to pray for her.  The infection is still very painful.  Also, she is scheduled to have her second knee replacement surgery on December 18th, and needs to have this cleared up so she can have that surgery.  If you live in the area, she would love to have visitors at the hospital.  If you want to send a card and don’t have her address, send me a personal message and I will share it with you.  Thanks so much for your love, care and concern.
*After returning home from the hospital I spent a while making a video to be posted on VIPKID.  Well, after editing a pretty darn good video, it does not show up in my video folder on my phone, so I can’t use it, because you have to upload it from the app on your phone.  Ugh!!  So know I have to do a “live” video today and hope for the best.
*Disaster averted!!  Bill was heading to Wallace for dinner and thought he may have left a pan on the stove with the burner still on.  He called to ask if I could go and check on it.  When I arrived at his house, everything was fine.  The corgis were calm, the stove burner was turned off, and I could text Bill and let him know all was well.
*Sleep eluded me today as I tried to lay down for a nap, because my mind was reeling with too many thoughts, so no extra sleep for me today.  Instead, it was an early night.

No comments: