11/13/18

Gathering Graces 11/12/2018

*Today I tackled working on a weekly schedule.  I made some progress.  At the end of the day, I had a schedule for Tuesday.  Baby steps!  Baby steps!
*I was looking through some boxes of “stuff” in our storage room to use for one of my classes tomorrow, and I came across some vintage Kellogg High School and Kellogg Junior High School buttons that I had saved.  I think some of these hearken back to the late 60’s and early 70’s when my siblings were students!!
*I keep being remindedShow important it is to be kind.  My niece Jennifer recently posted about going to her four children’s conferences, and how each of her children, from elementary age to high school age was complimented about their kindness.  What a proud moment for those parents to know they are raising kind children.  Imagine what our schools would be like if the first response to any situation was to be kind....by both students and staff?  I think school would have a whole different atmosphere if this were the case.
*Last night was the second month I gathered with other women from the Silver Valley for “Real Women”.  It was another uplifting evening to be encouraged by our speaker Debbie Holland and organizer Chris Schonewald Meyer.  The thing I got most out of the evening was the message that what we do here on earth is important, and we need to let God’s Spirit guide us so we can love others supernaturally.  And be a light in our world of darkness.  It was a message I have heard many times, but it is always great to be reminded what our purpose is here on earth.  Jesus calls it the greatest commandment in Matthew 22:36-40.
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”  Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
I mentioned about the atmosphere in the schools changing if all staff and students focused on being kind.  Imagine what would happen if all people who say they are Christians followed the greatest commandment?  What if we truly allowed ourselves to let God’s love flow through us, and we love our neighbor as ourselves?  Imagine what a different atmosphere our world would have if even the percentage of us who say we are Christians decided to love?  I think it would be a world changer!!

No comments: