11/11/18

Gathering Graces 11/10/2018

*There was still snow on the ground, but my Christmas cactuses don’t care.  I think they should be called Thanksgiving Cactuses, because they usually bloom sometime right before Thanksgiving.  I think they might do this because they are outside all summer, and then the shock of being back indoors causes it to bloom.  It will bloom a few more times as well before they go back outside for the summer.  I love these plants. It is always nice to have these cheery blooms as the days start getting darker and grayer. For years my Christmas cactus did not grow and did not bloom.  Now I can’t stop them!!
*I had a couple of online VIPKID workshops today, and do some other VIPKID stuff.  I am always learning something new with this job.  Paul was commenting to me how proud he was of me being able to get up every day in the wee hours of the morning.  I realized that part of what helps me maintain my energy each morning is the way the classes are delivered. It is like I am putting on five or six mini performances each day.  It is like I am a performer in a kid’s television show.  And that is what helps me keep my energy up. 
*After lunch it was off to nap....I have to get my naps in during the day!!
*Our schedules were tied a bit to our cat Toby today.  Toby is diabetic and every so often we have to check his glucose levels over a 12 hour period, and poor Toby was subjected to being pricked on the ear every two hours so we could check his glucose levels.  He was quite the trooper!!
*Paul continues to work on the basement bedrooms.  He put new flooring down, and painting has been done, ceilings scraped, and new wall board put up.  It is fun to see the transformation of these two bedrooms, and the downstairs bathroom is being painted as well.

No comments: