11/8/18

Gathering Graces 11/7/2018

*I have started reading the Dr. Seuss classic Fox in Socks to some of my online Chinese students in the morning.  They are loving it!!
*This morning I spent preparing a program for my P.E.O. meeting tonight. We are talking about the many projects we support through P.E.O., to help women obtain an education.  These include loans, scholarship and grant opportunities!!
*Bill came by to pick up the Corgis, and I got to see he new smile, after spending all day on Tuesday at the dentist office getting a bazillion crowns put in his mouth.  He shared a quote from, Liz, was helped with Mom through Hospice in her final weeks.  She would say, “Working with people who are dying is not for the feint of heart.”  Bill felt the same way today.  Spending all day at the dentist office and getting a mouth full of crowns is also not for the feint of heart.
*Our P.E.O. dinner and meeting went really well tonight.  Christy was part of the social committee that helped organize this event.  We invited members from the P.E.O. chapter in Wallace, and it was fun sitting with some of the at dinner and visiting, and they were very interested in my experience with VIPKID, and how I teach Chinese students.  It was fun to share with them about it.  And they talked about Wallace already getting some snow on the ground.
*Brrrrr!  The temperature dropped this evening, and it was a bit nippy as I was packing up my stuff after the meeting.  It was nice to return to my comfy, cozy, warm home.


No comments: