11/2/18

Gathering Graces 11/1/2018

*As we move into November, I always like to take time to share what I am thankful for each day.  ‘Tis the season, I guess.  Today, on November 1, I am thankful for my husband Paul.  He is loving, supportive and a great husband and father.  He is always at the top of my list of things I am thankful for in life.  I really would not want to go through this life without him.
*It was nice to get my hair cut today, and a little touch up on the roots.  I went a little shorter, and a little more spiky.  I enjoy doing different things with my hair, and have fun trying new styles and colors.  If for some reason I don’t like it, it will always grow out!!
*Pam and I were long overdue for a lunch date.  We met up at Radio Brewing, and I had a delicious Steak and Bleu Cheese Pie.  It was kind of a gray and drizzly day, and this nice savory comfort food was just what was needed.  It was so nice to see Pam, and catch up, and find out how she is doing, how her family is doing, and to start planning our annual Christmas get-together with our friends from high school.  I think this will be our 17th annual Christmas get together!!  I think that is rather impressive!!
*All the spices came out of the cupboard today.  I need to purge the spice cupboard.  I have some very old spices that I need to say goodbye to.  I have some spices that I have about three containers of...(can you say turmeric???), and some that are empty that I need to replenish.  I need to make a list of spices I need and go to a store with bulk items and stock up soon.
*I was so glad I didn’t procrastinate this year, and got three Operation Christmas Child boxes filled and ready to take to church on Sunday.  Last year I procrastinated and it didn’t get done.  Then the boxes and the items sat in a bag on my bedroom floor for a year.  The nice thing is for this year, I had all the supplies I needed, and it was easy to put them together!!


No comments: