11/20/18

Gathering Graces 11/19/2018

*Zoe and I watched the finale of The Great British Bake Show together.  I had already seen it, but it was fun to watch it with Zoe, too.  And my friend Jennifer, another fan of this show, recommended I watch another show called The Great British Menu, also on NetflixThis is a television series in which top British chefs compete for the chance to cook one course of a four course banquet.  It looks like fun!
*In the Salt Fat Acid Heat show, Travis and I watched the episode about Acid.  We were both transported to Mexico, where we learned all about making salsas, and unique kinds of honey (honey is actually considered an acid), and the different kinds of fruit used in adding the acid to Mexican cooking.  Everything looked so delicious.
*Last spring I helped write the grant for the Kellogg School District to get a third Gear Up grant.  We were successful, and my friend Matt Langer is now the new Gear Up Site Coordinator.  He spent a couple days in Boise last week getting a crash course in all thing Gear Up Idaho.  Today we spent a couple of hours going over things so get him started with the program.  It was fun to talk to him, see his enthusiasm, and help get this third grant program off the ground!!  He is going to do great!!  He will start working with seventh graders at Kellogg Middle School this year.  It is a wonderful program, and I am glad it will continue in the school district.
*My friend Lisa helped start a new shop uptown, and we planned to go check it out today.  But, alas, it is closed on Mondays.  So tomorrow afternoon we will go visit Lisa’s Gems of the Silver Valley, located in the former Bitterroot building.   The west part of the building is reserved for the products of the owners, which are handcrafted soaps by Beaman and handcrafted chocolates by Jackson. The east side of the building and loft are filled with various creations from local vendors.  I can’t wait to visit this afternoon and see what people are selling!!
*Once Paul arrived after a day of parent/teacher conferences at Kellogg High School, Paul, Zoe, Travis, Molly and I played a rousing game of Catch Phrase Decades. With this version of Catch Phrase, you can choose which decade you want the clues to be from, anywhere from the 1970’s to the 2010’s.  I think the 70’s were the easiest decade for all of us!!

No comments: