11/18/18

Gathering Graces 11/17/2018

*I drove to the Spokane airport this morning to pick up Zoe.  She is spending a few days with us and she will drive back to her home in Nampa on Wednesday with us, and we travel south to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with our Meridian/Nampa family.
*Zoe’s flight arrived on time, and we stopped at the Spokane Valley Mall to do some shopping.  Then we headed home, and relaxed throughout the afternoon.  Zoe watched  The Great British Baking Show so she could get caught up until the finale.  Then we will watch it together (even though I have watched it and know the outcome). 
*Tomorrow is Paul’s birthday, and Paul would rather have a birthday pie than a birthday cake.  While I was teaching my classes tonight, Zoe started making a strawberry pie.  When I came up, I made a Keto Friendly Pecan Pie.  I am excited to see what the Pecan Pie tastes like.  If people seem to like it at Paul’s birthday dinner tomorrow, I will make one for our Thanksgiving Dinner in Meridian.  Don’t worry Meridian family, there will be plenty of regular pies to share as well!!
*I watched the second episode in the Netflix show Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat. This episode was about salt.  Most of the episode was filmed in Japan, and part of the story was how salt is made in Japan, and how you get different flavors from the thousands of different salts they make.  They also showed a woman who made her own Miso, and a man who handcrafts Soy Sauce.  It all looked delightful and delicious!!

No comments: