10/10/18

Gathering Graces 10/9/2018

*Today marked my last day at the Sierra Silver Mine Tour.  After working there the past 8 summers, I am calling it quits.  My first summer, 2010, I was a tour guide on the trolley ride with a 1910 Fire theme.  From 2011 to 2015, I was a “ghost guide” on the Ghost Town Trolley Tour.  For the past three summers, I worked in the office selling tickets and merchandise.  It was a wonderful summer job, and I worked with wonderful people, and met wonderful people from all over the world.  I hope to continue meeting wonderful people from all over the world...next summer I just hope to have it closer to home.
*Susan P. Halley bought me a delicious Reuben sandwich from the Blackboard Cafe for my “goodbye” lunch.  I enjoyed spending the day with Sue, Nancy the trolley drive, and Kari, who works in the ice cream shop.  It was a really great summer, and a great crew of workers, from mine guides, trolley drivers, and office and ice cream workers.  Thanks for a great summer Sue, LouAnne (even though our paths don’t cross that often), Steve, Dennis, Nancy, Marty, Lenny, Fred and Rick, and Chelsea and Kari..(and Cindy and Indy for a while there, too). 
*Since I got to bed the night at a pretty early hour, I wasn’t as tired today.  I made it through my classes, then walked with Nikki, Butters and Clifford.  It was rainy outside but it wasn’t too cold, so the walk was really nice.
*I talked to Zoe on the phone for a while.  She is planning a trip home at the end of the month, so we were making arrangements for that trip.  I do get to see her this Sunday, which I am looking forward to, when I make a quick trip to Boise to be reunited with some of my Tri-Delta pledge class sisters, and others who lived in the house when I did.  I am looking forward to really visiting with some of these people, and not just saying quick hellos at Vandals games!!

No comments: