10/21/18

Gathering Graces 10/20/2018

*After an early morning teaching five students online I was pretty tired.  I did a few things this morning, then headed to bed to take a much needed nap.  That helped me function a little better for the rest of the day.
*It was the perfect afternoon to do some yard cleanup in the backyard.  By the time I got outside, the “mating aphids” had died down, and weren’t around.  I pulled annuals out of plants and dumped the soil into some trash cans so be used again next year.  I dug up dahlia bulbs and gladiolus bulbs to clean up and put away for the winter.  Paul has spent some time dismantling our old raised beds in preparation for our new raised beds that will be purchased soon.  We are going to follow Mom’s idea and use metal horse troughs as raised beds.
*I still have some bushes and perennials that need planted for the winter.  I hope to get those planted tomorrow or Monday.  I think they will winter nicely in the big pile of dirt.  I will spend some time this winter figuring out where I want bushes and perennials planted next spring.
*I had two more classes tonight to teach, and then it was time to head for bed so I can get rested before my 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. classes in the morning.

No comments: