10/13/18

Gathering Graces 10/12/2018

*I live in a beautiful area.  Each season has its own beauty.  We are having a beautiful “Indian Summer” right now with blue skies, vivid fall colors and somewhat warm temperatures.  I drove to Spokane this afternoon, and I enjoyed the colors through the Fourth of July canyon, the sun setting over Coeur d’Alene Lake, and a golden glow as the sun set as I drove to the Spokane airport.  I love that the beauty still takes my breath away.
*Burke Canyon outside of Wallace was also beautiful today.  I drove up to my friend Vicki’s house for our monthly gathering of  The Huckleberry Book Club.  We had a delicious lunch or roast pork, applesauce, I roasted up some of my squash, and some rice pilaf.  Our book for this month was Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser.  I haven’t had a chance to read it, but I look forward to taking some time to read it.
*Tonight I hopped on an airplane and took a late flight to Boise to gather together with some of the girls that were in my pledge class at the Delta Delta Delta sorority at the University of Idaho.  I arrived in Boise around 10:30 p.m., got my rental car, and drove to the cute little vacation rental house in Hyde Park, and was warmly greeted by Jennifer Kroos Haemmerle, Trish Smith Cassell, Teresa Patrick, Dedra Swanstrom and Kristy Keller Hays.  I look forward to a wonderful weekend with these and other lovely ladies.

No comments: