10/7/18

Gathering Graces 10/6/2018

*After the rain let up some this afternoon, it was time to work some more on cleaning out the garden beds.  I picked a bunch of rat tail radishes and pulled up the plants.  I started working on the green beans, too.  They took a while because they grew up string on a frame, and they winded around the string quite a bit, so lots of cutting was involved.  I didn’t quite get that done.  Then I tackled the big pile of dirt, and the squash vines.  I found all kinds of squash hiding among the leaves and vines.  The picture above shows my final squash harvest.  I was very pleased with my squash crop this year.
*The Malibu got ready for winter with an oil change and service job at Silver Valley Tire.  I loved that we called in the morning, we had an appointment at 1 p.m., and our car was ready to pick up and home by 3 p.m.  Silver Valley Tire is awesome!!
*I made a list of items I needed to prepare Sunday Family Dinner for tomorrow, and stopped at Yokes to pick up the items.  They had everything I needed but Coconut Sugar.  But I’ll just use the Stevia I have in the cupboard.  We had coconut sugar, but I think I sent it home with Zoe sometime last summer.
*My fall decorating project continued today.  Just a few more finishing touches, and it should be done for dinner tomorrow night.
*Having a fire going in the fireplace this morning was nice and cozy while I worked on some things. I am starting to embrace the cooler days of fall, and the chill in the air, and how everything is slowing down.

No comments: