10/6/18

Gathering Graces 10/5/2018

*I started to put my garden to rest today.  My summer squash is done producing, as are the cucumbers.  So I pulled up those two beds today.  I am going to keep the Brussels Sprouts in to see if they will grow anymore as well as the cabbages.  I will try and get more done in the garden tomorrow.  There is rain in the forecast, so hopefully it won’t rain all day tomorrow.
*My “salad garden” was very successful this year.  I planted different kinds of lettuce and greens in tires along the fence, and, overall, all the greens I planted did well.  Some are still producing.  Spinach always seems to bolt early for me.  Now that many of the greens have gone to seed, I plan on saving the seeds for next year to plant.  Other than dill seeds, I have never been a seed collector.  But I am trying it this year and see how it goes next year.
*I brought up my two tubs of fall decorations and started putting them up around the house.  I host family dinner Sunday evening, so I want the house transformed by then.  I found a new lighted autumn leaf garland and some orange lights that I forgot I had purchased that I put up on the front porch, along with my scarecrow and some flowers.  I will spend some more time tomorrow putting on the finishing touches.
*Paul went over to the KHS Homecoming Game tonight.  I had a class this evening, so I was unable to attend.  Congratulations to Grant Turner and Lauren Berger, who were crowned Homecoming King and Queen!!  They are two great students and both very deserving!!!

No comments: