10/23/18

Gathering Graces 10/22/2018

*I enjoyed the afternoon outside planting the bushes and perennials.  I need to make sure they are all covered up and protected before the real hard frost hits.  I can’t wait to do some planning throughout the winter months, and figure out where everything will be planted. in the spring.
*My mother-in-law Patricia called me this afternoon to share with me about an appointment she took my father-in-law Burton to.  They were visiting with the person in charge of the appointment, and in the course of the conversation, she asked if they had a son Paul, and found out it was one of my Tridelta pledge sister Lynn Dammarell. She does education on diabetes, and had a nice visit with my in-laws, and Pat had to call and tell me what fun it was to visit with Lynn.  Thanks for taking good care of them, Lynn.  I know they are in good hands!!
*Tonight was the first gathering of REAL WOMEN of the Silver Valley.....a group of women coming together to support one another, believe in one another, inspire one another and fellowship with each other while hearing God’s word in a way that helps us relate to the times we live in.  The goal is to create an environment where everyone feels safe...no blame, no judgement.  This is a vision Chris Schonewald Meyer has, and the first gathering was awesome!!  Debbie Holland will be the speaker each month, and it was so wonderful to be challenged and she gave all who attended a lot to think about.  Debbie is the Director of Ministries at King’s High Way in Hayden.  If this sounds like something you would like to check out, please join us.  The next meeting will be Monday, November 12 at 6:30 a.m. at Mountain View Congregational Church, 525 West Cameron Avenue in Kellogg. There is a Facebook Group called REAL Women of the Silver Valley that you can join to get updates on when the meetings will be each month.   If you want to know more about it, get a hold of me and I would love to talk to you about it.

No comments: