10/17/18

Gathering Graces 10/16/2018

*Today I knocked out my first six in a row, back to back classes.  I began at 3 a.m. and ended at 6 p.m.  It wasn’t bad at all!!  Now I know I can do it.
*Christy, Bill and I went in on some grass fed beef and it arrived at Christy’s house this morning.  Christy divided it up, and I dropped by her house around 8 a.m. and picked up my portions.  I stayed and had a nice visit with Christy before heading home.
*I worked most of the day on various projects, and tried to nap, but I just couldn’t fall asleep.
*At book group last Friday, Vicki said she had watched a documentary on Netflix called Salt Fat Acid Heat. Then Zoe mentioned had watched the first episode when I saw her on Sunday.  So I watched the first episode, which has Samin Nosrat traveling to Italy to talk about Fat.  It makes me want to return to Italy and do more cooking and take advantage of even more of the ingredients that I didn’t use when I cooked there before.  I can’t wait to watch the other episodes.
*The afternoon was beautiful and warm and I started pulling out dead flowers from pots around the patio area.  Hopefully by this weekend we will get the pots cleaned out and stored for winter.
*By 8 p.m. I was ready for bed.  Since I had a 3 a.m. wake up for the next day, it felt good to  be in bed by a little after 8 so I could get a good night’s sleep.

No comments: