10/16/18

Gathering Graces 10/15/2018

*I woke up a little before 5 a.m. and was out the door about 5 to drive to the airport, drop off my little Chevy Spark Clown Car at the rental place, and then wait for my flight to depart to get me back to North Idaho.  All went smoothly and I made it back to Kellogg around 8:30 a.m.
*The morning was spent watching a new show I found on Hulu called Britain’s Best Home Cook, judged by Mary Berry, the former judge on The Great British Baking Show.  This show is a bit different, as the focus is not on baking, but on home cooking.  There are 10 contestants at the beginning, and they all live in the same house.  They are brought to a special place with a kitchen set up.  There are three rounds.  The first round is a signature dish.  Whoever gets picked by each of the three judges as their favorite signature dish gets to help choose what the star ingredient will be in the next round, for example either nuts or cheese.  Then the final round is the elimination round, where some cooks are safe, and others have a cook off to determine who goes home.  It was really a fun watch.
*Dozing was my favorite past time today as I recovered from the weekend.  I think my tiredness is coming from, not so much from a lack of sleep, but my diet over the weekend.  I am ready to get back into my normal eating routine.
*I did get off the couch a little bit and pulled up some vegetables out of the garden beds, and dismantled the green been tower.  I walked around, and noticed how things REALLY got hit be frost while I was gone to Boise.  I also got some shrubs delivered today that I need to plant in the big pile of dirt for the winter, and then replant in the spring.  And it is time to dig up the dahlia and gladiolus bulbs to prepare them for winter.
*Cosette and Taylor worked on a painting job outside of St. Maries, so they have been around this weekend.  They should finish up the job tomorrow, but have a big job in Coeur d’Alene coming up soon, so they will be back.
*I spent some time getting ready for my classes in the morning.  I was a bit out of routine, so I needed to get ready for the morning.  I have six back to back scheduled in the morning, so we will see how that goes!!!

No comments: