10/5/18

Gathering Graces 10/4/2018

*It was nice to have a day home to make appointments, get caught up on some sleep, and have some “thinking” time.
*Zoe recently told me that the fifth season of the The Great British Baking Show was on Netflix.  As I was looking at this show to watch, I realized I had not watched Season 4 yet.  So I spent some of the day getting caught up on this great show.  I love, not only watching the contestants bake, but the whole tone of the show, and how everyone supports one another, and they all get big hugs when they leave.  It is fun to watch. 
*As the storms of life rage all around me, I tend to retreat...hole up....not want to deal with anyone or anything.  Because then you aren’t dealing head on with things happening in life.  But acting like an ostrich with my head in the sand isn’t the most healthy way to deal life’s complications.  My home is warm, cozy, safe, secure.  Outside is messy, heart breaking, scary.  But life is always going to be like that, and I need to realize that, as I pray to God and ask for guidance, He is always there to light my path.   I just need to open my eyes and see, and open my ears and listen.  He is my Peace.

No comments: