10/15/18

Gathering Graces 10/14/2018

*We woke up in the Big Blue House in Hyde Park in Boise and were soon joined by Susan Diane and Lauri Foster Moden, who could not make it the night before.  It was so fun to see these two women.  They both live in Boise, and came over to visit, then they joined us at Java down the street for some breakfast.  When we were seniors, Susan was a sophomore and Laurie was a freshman.
*Java is famous for the “Bowl of Soul”, a special mocha that was absolutely delicious!!  What a wonderful way to start the morning.  And we continued to get caught up with one another over breakfast.  Then Zoe showed up, as we were going the spend the day together.
*After breakfast we headed back over to “Hyde and Seek” to look around a little more before everyone departed.  Then it was time to say goodbye to everyone.  The wonderful thing is, everyone we saw this weekend plans on being at the reunion in June in Moscow, so we will all be reunited again, along with many of our other PC81 members who were unable to make it this weekend.  I hope to see the rest of you in June...Rita, Celeste, Sue, Lynne, Catherine, Tana, Becca, Lynn, and Karen...and our other pledge sisters who are not on Facebook at this time.
*Delta Delta Delta was a way that I connected with a variety of women throughout my lifetime.  And it is a wonderful way to reconnect with women.  It is good to make connections.  It is good to reestablish those relationships that were formed in college.  I am glad I have a group of high school friend who believe reconnecting throughout the year is important.  And I am glad I have a group of college friends who believe it is important as well.  My Tri Delta sisters....let us steadfastly love one another!!!
*Zoe and I drove over to her apartment.  I got to meet Jocko, Brett and Alethea Ruddy’s dog that Zoe talks about all the time.  I also had a nice visit with Zoe and Alethea before Zoe and I headed to downtown Boise to do some exploring.  It was fun wandering around and looking at shops.  Zoe doesn’t get downtown much, even though she lives close, so it was fun exploring with her.  We ate dinner at Bonefish Grill, and I had a delicious Cobb Salad, and Zoe had a Spicy Tuna Bowl.  If I didn’t realize it before, I confirmed the fact over this weekend that bread is not my friend.  I feel like I ate more bread this weekend than I have since March.  And it did not agree with me.  But the Cobb Salad was the perfect things to eat to pep me up from the bread crash I was feeling this afternoon.

I love spending time with my Zoe!!
*After we ate, I dropped Zoe off at her apartment, and headed to Meridian to spend the night at my sister-in-law Laurie’s house.  We had a good talk before we both headed to bed.  It is always good to see Laurie, and look forward to coming back down at Thanksgiving to see the rest of the family, and hopefully some friends as well!!
*What a wonderful weekend.  It was good for my soul.  I think it was good for all of our souls!!  And I spent it with a bunch of good souls.
Sisterhood is the essence of all the wisdom of the ages, distilled into a single word. You cannot see sisterhood, neither can you hear it nor taste it. But you can feel it a hundred times a day. It is a pat on the back, a smile of encouragement. It's someone to share with, to celebrate your achievements.    
Anonymous

No comments: