9/24/18

Gathering Graces 9/23/2018

*Paul found this huge dahlia toppled over in the garden.  He cut it and brought it inside and put it in a vase.  Later, we cut another one about the same size to join the first one in a vase.  I have never grown dahlias, but this summer I took the plunge.  Some I have growing in one of the bathtubs.  The one in above photo is growing in the big pile of dirt.  Brandon Hoxie, who teaches at Kellogg High School, had worked with these dahlia bulbs with students in one of his classes, and had given them to me at the end of school last year, along with some other bulbs.  I had no idea what I was getting, but I am so glad I took these bulbs, planted them, and I have been enjoying their enormous beauty!!!
*At work today I met a woman from Israel.  I told her traveling to Israel is one of the top countries I want to visit soon.  She said I need to visit.  My friend David Dose recently took a group of people from the Silver Valley to Israel, and I loved following the trip through his photographs.  He brought a group of friends to take the mine tour a few days ago, so I was able to visit with him briefly about his trip.  I will visit there some day!!
*Family dinner was at Bill and Debbie’s house tonight.  Bill spent the day creating a wonderful dinner, including Cider Braised Pork Roast, browned sliced apples and a mixture of baby potatoes and zucchini fried in garlic butter.  It was all delicious, and the perfect meal to start our Autumn Family Dinners.

No comments: