9/13/18

Gathering Graces 9/12/2018

*Today was the first day I actually felt like I am a person now who works from home.  My day started out at about 4:30 a.m. going to my “classroom” in anticipation of teaching a student a Trial Class for VIPKID at 5 p.m..  The student was a “No Show”.  The nice thing about “no shows” is you are suppose to stay in the classroom for at least 15 minutes unless they change your information on the class to “Finish No Show”, and once that is done, you can leave.
All of my “no show” classes, I have been able to leave after five minutes, and still get paid at least $4.  Then I went back to bed for a couple more hours, and got up to start my day.
*I had an online workshop scheduled for 7:30 a.m. through VIPKID.  We also needed a part replaced on our new furnace, so Robert Paul from Flame Heating came and replaced that this morning.  I had built a fire this morning to take the chill off, then turned on the furnace once the fire died down.  I am curious to how much more efficient our furnace will be this winter.
*The rest of the day was spent working on VIPKID material.  I watched a lot of videos and prepared for another certification for teaching another level of student.  I love having the ability to spend some time each day preparing to teach better once I am in the classroom.
*I had bought a container of little bay shrimp from Costco on Tuesday, and decided to use some of them in a dish for dinner tonight.  I found a recipe online called “Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp” which I modified based on the ingredients I had on hand.  I substituted cream for half n half, Swiss Chard for baby spinach, and fresh tomatoes for sun dried tomatoes.  Then I made some Zoodles to pour it over.  It was unbelievably delicious.  If you would like to try this recipe, you can find it here.*
*Rehearsals for the fall musical Men on Ice that Paul will be performing in this November at the Sixth Street Theater began tonight.  While Paul was at rehearsal, I continued working on VIPKID information, and went downstairs to get ready for the following morning’s scheduled classes.

No comments: