9/3/18

Gathering Graces 9/2/2018

*Another day in the mining camp.  Things were hopping again today.  At the end of the day, a gentleman who was sitting at a booth enjoying some ice cream came over and started talking to me.  He was wearing a shirt that said “Bunde University”.  I asked him where this university was located, and he joked about it being located next to Trump University on Wall Street.  He asked me my name, and said he had seen me perform many times at the Sixth Street Theater.  The gentleman’s name was Jerome Bunde, a long time Wallace resident.  He talked to me about Harry Magnuson, and President Trump, and it was fun to hear his thoughts on a variety of different subjects.  Bunde worked for Pennaluna & Co. in Kellogg and Wallace, and when the Wallace office closed in 2015, he was the last stock broker in Wallace.
*I also met a couple who used to live in Wallace, and the woman worked for Harry Magnuson.  She talked about working on the movie Dante’s Peak, and what I a great experience that was.  She also said that Wallace is becoming the town Harry Magnuson envisioned when he made sure the freeway construction didn’t mess with the integrity of this historic town.
*When I arrived home, I walked around to check on the gardens.  I am still amazed at how beautiful the flowers are looking in the yard, and the lovely blooms.  My out of control squash patch continues to produce all kinds of squash.  I need to get out and harvest some rat tail radishes.  The pickles turned out pretty good.  Next, I want to ferment the next batch, something I have never tried doing.  I am always up for a new experiment!!
*Bill and Debbie hosted dinner tonight at their house.  We enjoyed visiting outside on their deck, but they decided to have dinner indoors, because of the chance that yellow jackets could swarm outside.  Bill prepared a delicious Beef Stroganoff  Soup, and Debbie made a salad with cottage cheese, pickled onions and grated radishes and cucumbers.  It was all delicious.  After dinner, we went back out on the deck and enjoyed the wonderful, cool evening as we visited about the wedding of Josh and Adrienne Langford and that Bill and Debbie recently attended.  Debbie showed me some beautiful photographs from the wedding.  Bill, Christy and I started forming plans for our upcoming sibling outing we will do on Wednesday.  I am looking forward to wonderful day!!

No comments: