9/12/18

Gathering Graces 9/11/2018

*This morning I woke up and quickly got ready and left the Rinaldi home where I was staying.  Nothing and nobody was stirring as I departed.
*I drove over to Starbucks to order my Breve, and added my special powders to the coffee to start the day.  I texted Coco, and asked if she wanted to join me on a walk through the University of Idaho Arboretum.  She said her and Taylor would love to.  So I departed Starbucks, coffee in hand, and drove to the arboretum.  The walk did not disappoint.  I got some wonderful ideas for flower combinations for my garden next year, and some beautiful photos. I also enjoyed seeing the majestic Blue Heron perched in the middle of the pond.  Here are a few examples.




*After walking through the arboretum, I drove to downtown Moscow to meet Christy, Dawn and Debbie at Bucers, my favorite coffee shop in Moscow.  It was a pleasant surprise to run into Lee A. O'Bryan and her son Owen at the coffee shop.  Dawn also enjoyed seeing her, because Dawn’s brother is married to Lee’s mother, so Lee is her niece.  I enjoyed an Americano with some half n half and sugar free vanilla syrup.  We sat out front of the coffee shop and visited with Cosette and Taylor.  Then it was time to depart.
*I drove solo on the way back to Kellogg, because I needed to stop in Coeur d’Alene and make a few stops. In enjoyed continuing to listen to Four Seasons in Rome by Anthony Doerr.  First was Petco for some dog and cat hip and joint treats, and a new collar for Clark the Cat.  Then I went to Costco to pick up a few items.  Then to the liquor store to buy some vodka to make a new batch of limoncello, since my stash is almost gone.  (I did pretty good, though.  It lasted about two years or more!!  I also have some huckleberry liqueur and raspberry liqueur that is almost ready to bottle as well.)
*It was good to be home, and know I won’t be going on any more trips, at least for a few weeks.  Paul had got out some lamb chops for dinner, and we also had a lovely green salad, and some grilled white acorn squash.  It was delicious!!
*I spent a little time preparing for my scheduled trial class for 5 a.m. tomorrow morning.  Then it was time for bed.

No comments: