9/20/18

Gathering Graces 9/19/2018

*Remember last week I talked about a woman I met at the mine tour who was visiting all 50 states, and Idaho was her 50th state?  Today at the mine tour, I met a man who had the same story!!  He was visiting Idaho, and it was his 50th state to visit in his quest to visit all 50 states.  Pretty cool, and a great goal to accomplish.  We have a beautiful country, and each state has something unique and special about it.  I counted, and I have visited 21 of the fifty states in the United States.  I guess it is time to start planning some road trips to see more of our beautiful country!!
*Tonight at our P.E.O. meeting, we were all asked to name something on our “bucket list” of things we want to accomplish in our lifetime.  Many of the answers had to do with travel.  I shared I would like to take a trip to the Holy Land, visiting Israel and the Middle East, especially the Holy Lands.  But there is so much more of the wonderful world I want to see and experience as well.  Many of the women also answered about spending time with their family.  But a few said they really don’t have a bucket list, because they are content with the way their life is right now.
*I have decided to be somewhat of a “season purist” this year, at least regarding transitioning from summer to fall.  According to the calendar, fall does not officially begin until this Saturday, September 22nd.  So my home fall decorations will not be pulled out until this weekend.  I want to experience every last bit of “official summer” this week that I can.  And the forecast looks good for the next few days, with high temperatures in the high 70’s and low 80’s!!
*There is an app called Voxer that we have used to leave audio messages to one another each night to share about our day.  With our summer schedules, we got a little lax in sharing with one another what has been going on in our lives.  Now that most of us are back into a better routine, we started Voxing again, and it has been such a joy to hear from our kids and learn about their daily triumphs, struggles, and just little every day ordinary things that go on in their lives.  Paul and I LOVE IT!!!

No comments: