9/23/18

Gathering Graces 9/22/2018

*I had a much needed day of rest today.
*After teaching classes last night and this morning, I knew I would need some time to catch up on my sleep.  And I was right.  I napped for a couple of hours this afternoon, and it was just what I needed.
*I also took some time to write our current Sibling Assignment that Christy assigned to us.  I love the poem by Henry Van Dyke called Autumn in the Garden that I found to write about.  It was beautiful.  And I was able to incorporate some of the photos I recently took in my garden into the blog post.  If you would like to read our assignments, you can go here.
*As I napped on the couch, episodes of Chopped kept playing in the background.  Phrases like “crunchy element”, “brightness” and “needs more sauce” kept playing over and over again on each episode.
*I did make it outside to harvest my Roma tomatoes.  I was hoping to have more so I could can some tomatoes, but I don’t think there is enough.  I will have enough for a couple meals of sauce for us, though.
*We are in the process of doing some renovations to our basement bedrooms.  Paul has been researching what kind of flooring to put on the floors in the two bedrooms, and finally came to a decision.  He drove over to Spokane this morning and put a down payment on some flooring.  He will go pick it up next weekend. 

No comments: