9/1/18

Gathering Graces 8/31/2018

*I ran some errands in the morning, and stopped at Excelsior Bicycle to purchase a basket for the front of my bike.  I brought it home, and mounted it all by myself on my bike, in preparation for the bike ride Paul and I would be taking this afternoon.
*I made some BLTs for lunch, and when Paul got home from work, he ate his, and we prepared for our bike ride.  I got some water bottles, cheese and almonds for snacks, and away we went.  We started riding on the Trail of the Coeur d’Alenes west toward Smelterville.  We weren’t sure how far we would get today, since we were doing a round trip. 
*It was the perfect weather for a ride today.  It was a little breezy, the sky was overcast at times, and the temperatures were in the high 70’s.  The light along the different parts of the trail and river was beautiful. 
*When we arrived in Cataldo, we decided it was time to turn around and go back.  In total, we rode about 22 miles, which was a very good distance.  Our next ride will take us from Cataldo further west.  Our ultimate goal is to ride on all parts of the trail.
*I love how the landscape changes in this section of the trail.  You see wetlands, river, stream, forest, fields, and mountains.  Each different landscape has its own particular beauty.
*The trail was not very crowded today.  We did see Brenda Wadsworth and her two new puppies as they were walking along the trail.  We also saw Darnell Kriedeman walking her two dogs.  And Janice Devoe was also walking along the trail.  It is so fun running into people you know.
*When we arrived home, we worked out in the yard for a bit, and then ordered Mexican food from Casa D’Oro for dinner.  We had shrimp fajitas.  They were really good.  Then my body was telling me it could use a soak in the bathtub, so I soaked in the tub, listening to the book Educated by Tara Westover, and then headed to bed.  What a wonderful day.

No comments: