9/7/17

Gathering Graces 9/5/2017

*Happy Birthday to my baby girl Coco who turns 22 years old today!!  This year was the same as the year she was born.  Labor Day was the day before I gave birth to Cosette.  I remember I kept making cracks about going into labor on Labor Day.  And I did.  But it took me a while to figure it out.  Because I had never gone into labor on my own before.  With Molly, I had a C-Section and never had any contractions.  With Zoe, labor was brought on with Pitocen.  So when it happened with Cosette, it took me a while to figure out what was happening.  But, when it got to around 10 p.m. that night, and I couldn’t really stand up because of the pain, I told Paul it was time to call his Mom to come and stay with Zoe and Molly, because I think we needed to go to the hospital.  We arrived at the hospital around 11 p.m.  It was a short stay.  Cosette was born around 1:14 a.m. on September 5, 1995, and we were back home the next day by around 11 a.m. 
*Today was also the first day of school for the students of the Kellogg School District.  We had an opening assembly with all the students, and then went through the day.  Because of the smoke, my stuffy nose and sore throat made me tired and unable to focus.  I was not very motivated for the first day of school.  I got a few things done, but it was tough.
*Nikki and I have postponed our walking until the air quality improves.  I miss our walks.
*It was fun seeing students today and planning for the year ahead. 
*Paul and I came home and relaxed.  We enjoyed some grilled fish, coleslaw and steamed potatoes from the garden.  It was a nice way to end the day.

No comments: