9/3/17

Gathering Graces 9/2/2017

*As Paul and I enjoyed a rather lazy morning, Coco arrived around 9 a.m. with her friends Derec and Vince, who drove her to Kellogg from Moscow.  She came for the day so we could celebrate her birthday a little early.
*We had a relaxing morning visiting, then went to deliver a canner to Christy’s house, then went uptown to show Cosette the aftermath of the McConnell Hotel fire.  It was sad to see the building demolished.
*We came home and April came over and brought coffee so we could have a nice visit before she leaves for her home in Italy tomorrow.  We had a wonderful visit, and we both needed this time together.
*Paul and I attended the wedding of Ed Warren and Ashley Sproles this afternoon.  It was a very beautiful wedding.  Unfortunately we couldn’t stay around to greet the new couple because we were having Cosette’s birthday dinner at 5 at our house.
*Christy and Evverett arrived at 5 p.m., and we grilled some steaks and veggies, roasted some potatoes from our garden, and had a green salad.  Christy baked a peach pie for dessert.  It was a delicious meal.
*We thought Coco would be heading back to Moscow tonight, but plans changed, and she was spending the night.  Paul and Coco got a couple of our ukeleles out and played and sang for awhile.  It was fun to listen to them sing and play.
*Before long I was too tired to stay up, and it was off to bed for me.  I think the smoke really got to me, because I woke up around 1 a.m. and was wide awake with a really sore throat and a stuffy nose.  I went out and slept on the couch, and put The West Wing on Netflix, and watched it off and on throughout the night.  I think I got more sleep than I thought.

No comments: