9/25/17

Gathering Graces 9/24/2017

*What a beautiful day today.  I had a good morning at church, and was very encouraged in many different ways by a few different people this morning.  I left feeling very loved and appreciated.
*When you write a blog, you never really know how many people out there read it, unless they say something.  Today I got a hug and a thank you for what I share in my writings, and I am glad that people do get something out of my daily musings about little tidbits of my life.
*Today my sister has jumped on the bandwagon of writing a daily blog post about things going on in her life.  It is called Here is What I Know Today, and you can find it on her blog here.  And my brother posts his daily Three Beautiful Things on his blog here
*I have been needing to get some card written and sent to people, and I finally got some done today.  That felt good!! 
*After church I put some spare ribs in the crockpot with some sauce, and they slowly cooked all afternoon.  Then I took them out of the crockpot and put them in a pan, and covered them with more sauce and baked them for about 10 minutes.  They were some of the best ribs I have ever made.  I paired it with a Top Ramen Cabbage salad and some rice, and it was a great dinner.
*Paul and I went up to KHS for a little bit to get some work done.  I needed to get my paperwork finished for my final invoice, and get it scanned and submitted.  It felt very good to get that project done.
*One of my favorite treats to make in the fall is dried pears.  I love the taste of dried pears, so I sliced up the pears I had on the counter and put them in the food dehydrator.  I can’t wait until morning to try them out.
*I had a special surprise when Anita, my kindred spirit, called and left a message on the home phone,  I called her back and we had a wonderful visit on the phone for about an hour, talking about all kinds of things.  What a blessing our conversation was today.
*The Comic Con travelers arrived around 9 p.m. from Salt Lake City.  They were pretty tired and hung out for about half an hour, then were on the road to Moscow by 9:30 p.m.  It was nice to see them and hear about the fun they had over the weekend, and we look forward to seeing them again in about a week and a half as they come home for Mom’s service.

No comments: