9/11/17

Gathering Graces 9/10/2017

*Happy Anniversary Molly Roberts-Cornwell and Travis Cornwell.  I loved remembering that wonderful day one year ago when family and friends gathered together to celebrate with you, and then dance the night away!!  Such a wonderful celebration.
*Church seems to be a place where I tend to get weepy about Mom.  Today we sang a song Your Presence is Heaven, and as we sang these words....
All my days on earth I will await
The moment that I see You face to face
Nothing in this world will satisfy
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry
Nothing in this world will satisfy
Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry
...it made me think of seeing Mom shortly after she had passed away, and how peaceful she looked, and made me think of what it was like for her to see Jesus face to face.  For me, it is so comforting to know that Mom is now in heaven, and forever in the presence of Jesus.
*After church I came home and ate lunch and rested for a while.  Then Paul and I headed to KHS to get some work done for a few hours.
*We came home, and fed Toby and gave him his insulin.  He seems to not mind the shots, and I think it is helping.
*Cut up sausages and sauerkraut with Swiss Cheese were on the menu for tonight’s dinner.  It was very delicious.  We enjoyed it while watching the episode of The West Wing  titled Two Cathedrals where President Bartlett had a moving monologue inside the National Cathedral.  It is one of my favorite scenes from this tv series.
*The smoke had finally moved on, and the skies were cloudy, but smoke-free.  How nice to be able to open up the windows and be outside.  My prayer is the fires are put out soon.  And I also pray for the people in the south as Hurricane Irma hits, and the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. 

No comments: