9/28/17

Gathering Graces 9/27/2017

*My morning began with a trip to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned.  I met Jennifer, one of the new dental hygienists at Silver Valley Dental.  I have had Judy Lewis clean my teeth for the last 16 years or so, so it was interesting having someone new.  Jennifer is attending graduate school to earn a Master’s Degree in Dental Hygiene.  I learned that I have a little more gingivitis in my mouth, especially around my back gums.  Jennifer asked me if I had been stressed lately.  I said my mom had passed away over the summer, so she attributed my gum problems to stress.  And I probably need to do a better job of brushing and flossing as well.
* I stayed home today to be with Paul, who also stayed home.  I had to take him to an appointment later in the day, so we both stayed home from work.
*Even though I stayed home, there was still school work to do.  I got almost all of my end of year documentation done for Gear Up.  I just have a few papers that need signed and sent in, and I should be good.
*It was a beautiful day out today.  I went outside to water plants and saw the burning bush had turned a beautiful red color.  I love burning bush, and the splash of red in the backyard.
*We headed to CDA around 2:30.  I left Paul in the capable hands of the medical professionals, and I went to Costco to buy items for the reception I will be hosting after Mom’s service next Friday.  You know how they always check your receipt before you leave Costco?  Well today, there was a discrepancy, and the nice woman at Costco caught that I had been charged for two mustard packs instead of just one.  So a manager was called, the same nice young man who had helped box up my items, and he promptly gave me a refund for the mustard.  And 3:30 p.m. on a Wednesday is a great time to go to Costco.  The crowds were quite small at this time of the day.
* I needed to be back to pick up Paul around 4:45 p.m., and I arrived on time.  We got in the car and headed home.  Paul had just had a colonoscopy, and on the way home, he started laughing, and shared with me a little colonoscopy humor.  He said, “What if while I was getting my colonoscopy, I started singing one of the songs from the show we are rehearsing?  What if I started singing this?” 
And it's dark as a dungeon and damp as the dew,
Where danger is double and pleasures are few,
Where the rain never falls and the sun never shines
And it's dark as a dungeon way down in the mines.
There certainly are some similarities.  Just a little colonoscopy humor on the way home from my wonderful husband.  Except now, how will we keep a straight face when we hear that song at rehearsals from now on?
*We got home and unloaded our items, and got Toby food and insulin, then headed over to Christy and Everett’s house.  Christy prepared a lovely meal of soup, cucumbers and bread as a “Welcome Home” dinner for Bill and Debbie as they arrived in Kellogg to live in after their five day journey across the country with their two corgis.
*Paul was pretty wiped out from having not much food for two days so he was ready for bed early.  It was early to bed for me, too.

No comments: