9/24/17

Gathering Graces 9/23/2017

*It was a very productive day today, and felt good to be outside for a good part of the day.
*The morning was spent planting roses. I spend some time in the morning creating a map of  where each rose would be planted depending on the type of rose it was, how big it would get, and the color. 
*I helped Paul move the bathtub to the place where I wanted it in the flower bed under our bedroom window.  We went to ACE and bought some potting soil and cedar mulch.  I had also purchased some dirt from Jackson and Perkins, the company I purchased the roses from, that will help keep the mixture loose.  We filled the tub with dirt.  Then while I planted the roses in the tub, Paul dug four other holes outside the tub, one on either side of the tub, and one behind, for the climbing roses.  In the spring we will have some kind of trellis or arbor for these roses to climb on.  The final rose was a ground cover rose that was planted to the north of the tub.
*Most of my vegetables have quit growing, so I took some time pulling them up from the raised beds.  We bought some extra potting soil to add to the raised beds, and will also get some compost manure to add to them this fall as well, to prepare for next spring’s planting.  I did leave the mini cabbages still growing, some Swiss Chard, carrots and sunflowers.  Everything else was pulled.
*With the outside work was done, it was time for a nap.
*I had planned to make some spare ribs today, but didn’t quite get them going in time, so they will be on the menu for tomorrow.  But I had some leftover chicken, celery, onion, cream of mushroom soup and potato chips.  All the ingredients for Potato Chip Casserole.  That, combined with a salad made of lettuce, celery, red pepper, red pear, hard boiled egg, toasted walnuts and blue cheese with homemade Italian dressing drizzled over the top.  It was a mighty delicious salad.
*As I clean off different places around the living room/TV room/dining room area, the dining room becomes the catch all for things I don’t know what to do with.  Tonight I tackled the table, and sorted all the “things I don’t know what to do with”.  I made some progress, but I will have to finish this project tomorrow. 
*Crazy glue is a wonderful invention.  I repaired the lid to the coffee pot/urn that was on Mom’s hutch.  Hopefully it is now good as new.
*Clark, our new cat, likes to lose his collar.  Today he lost another collar.  This is the third collar he has lost.  He came up on the couch tonight to “help” me with my project as I was sorting things.   We had a bit of a photo shoot. 

Mister Clark
Bill and Debbie and their two corgis left their home in Maryland today and started heading west toward Kellogg, where they will make their new home in Mom’s house.  Their plan was to make it to Elyria, Ohio today, and break up their journey into a five day trip, arriving in Kellogg on Wednesday if all goes as planned.
*For those of you who are fans of the show The Gilmore Girls, today at the Salt Lake City Comic Con, Travis, Molly and Cosette got photos with Jess and Kirk.

Batman, Robin, Milo Ventimiglia, Batgirl


Cosette, Sean Gunn, Molly
*I love days like today when Paul and I are home alone together, working on projects, nothing else on the schedule, and getting things done.  It was a very good day.

No comments: