8/31/17

Gathering Graces 8/30/2017

*Nikki and I walked uptown for our walk this morning, and I took photos of the McConnell Hotel and Patrick’s Inn that were destroyed the most by the fire.  I continue to be amazed at the job the fire fighters and others did to keep this fire under control. It could have been so much worse.  I would say most of the buildings in uptown are around 100 years old, and many were very close to the blaze.
*At work I am wrapping up last year and looking forward to this year.  I have a unique year at work, because I am only working with one grade of students, seniors.  I will spend the month of September meeting one on one with each senior to hopefully get a grasp on what they want to do after high school, and get information that will help me and the KHS staff help guide them in this process.
*Progress continues on our roof project.  Many of the old shingles have been scraped off, and many of the boards that were damaged have been replaced.  It looks like things are coming along nicely.  I am so thankful for a new roof over our head this winter, and no more leaking!!
*I did a lot of organizing and throwing away of things in my office I no longer need.  It feels good to have an organized desk and somewhat organized cabinet.
*After I went uptown and paid some bills, I got home and suggested to Paul that we go have dinner at Radio Brewing Company.  Everyone else in the family had enjoyed eating at this new establishment in uptown Kellogg except Paul.  We both enjoyed the Lamb Gyros accompanied with the garlic truffle fries.  I enjoyed a glass of their Porter, and Paul enjoyed a Cran-Apple Cider.  Paul was very impressed by the renovations done to the building, and, if asked to rate the restaurant, would give it five stars.
*Because of all the smoke in the air from area forest fires, the evening had a pink glow to it as the sun was setting. 

No comments: