Gathering Graces 7/23/2017

*I went to see Mom at Kindred this morning.  She was up in her wheelchair, and one of the aides had put on a different wig and had fixed it really nice.  I sat with Mom for a while in her room, then we went outside in the courtyard to enjoy the beautiful morning.  Paul came and joined me after church.
*Paul and I left and headed to Coeur d’Alene.  We stopped at Costco to stock up on a few things.
*Around 1:30 p.m. we joined our daughter Molly at the Kroc Center.  She was joining us to watch their production of South Pacific. It was really well done.  Listening to many of the song brought back lots of memories of using those songs on the Sixth Street stage.  I hadn’t remembered some of the story, which was nice, because some of the show surprised me.
*One such song, in particular, will never be the same for Paul, Molly and I ever again.  And it didn’t really hit us until the song was being sung.  As soon as the actor on stage began singing Some Enchanted Evening, Molly turned to me and said, “I don’t think I can ever take this song seriously again”.  She started giggling.  I started giggling.  Paul started giggling.  The reason was two or three different times at the Sixth Street Theater, Paul and I dressed up like the Farmer and the Cow, and it was one of the songs Paul, as the Farmer, sang to me, as the Cow, as I mooed my way right through the song.  In case you never saw it, here is a photo of us.

Farmer and the Cow at the Sixth Street Theater
*After the show, Molly, Paul and I headed to MOD Pizza in Coeur d’Alene.  I had heard wonderful things about this restaurant from many different people, so we decided to try it.  It did not disappoint.  There are three sizes of pizza, and you can put as many toppings on the pizza as you want, and the price is the same.  My pizza was delicious, and I paired the pizza with a glass of Pineapple Hard Cider which was also delicious.  An all around really great meal!!

Pizza and Cider at MOD Pizza
*When we arrived back in Kellogg, we stopped and dropped off Mom’s laundry and hung it up.  She was in bed.
*We went over to Christy and Everett’s house and visited with them a bit and talked about how Mom’s afternoon went.
*Then Paul and I headed home and I enjoyed the rest of my pizza outside, enjoying another beautiful evening in our backyard.

No comments: